Tuesday, February 19, 2013

God Works in Strange Ways

I must say that God works in strange ways.  Earlier this school year, my son made the transition from private school back to public school.  The private school he was attending had some major flaws, so I withdrew my son and went back to public school.  Well, it turns out that may have been a blessing in disguise.  Not only did numerous kids from my son's private school also withdraw, but it seems like public school was just what my son needed.  At the private school, my son was doing great academically and really developing his leadership skills, but he was not all that social.  Now, at public school he is being social and still making good grades.  I did not think that my son was unhappy at the private school and if you asked him he said he like the private school he attended.  But now, my son is happy all the time.  He is having fun in high school finally.  I know the classes are not as academically challenging, but he is taking 2 college courses as well, so he is at least being challenged a little bit.  In fact, he is in Intro to Astronomy and has a really great professor and he is learning loads in that class, so he is being challenged and stimulated in at least that class.  He does have some good teachers at the public school that he attends, but he also has at least one really bad teacher too, so I guess you can't have everything. 

It's funny though, how I was content with my son's high school education at the private school when he was evidently, not getting something, whatever it was.  Now, he is happy, social, making good grades and excited about going to school everyday.  What more can a mother want?  I guess God knew better than me and set up the circumstances so that I would move my son, now I am thankful for the change and almost wish I had done it sooner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment