Friday, May 17, 2013

A Letter

I received a letter yesterday from an old friend and my heart rejoiced.  Lost is the art of letter writing.  My friend recognized this and decided that we should start writing to each other via snail mail.  I am thrilled.  Within the last year, I have considered who I could write letters to since I have longing to revive the art as well.  In a time of emails, facebook and twitter, writing a letter and sending it snail mail is refreshing.  It shows a person that you took the time out of your day to write something, put it in an envelope and mail it.  Your thoughts are important enough that a few days passing before delivery will not diminish them.  It is a great way to show someone you care about them. 

So now, I will look to my mailbox with expectation.  It has been a long time since I have done that and I am looking forward to it. 

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete